Fri, May 24|
Cedar Ridge Ranch
Youth Adventure 5/24/2024
Outdoor overnight adventure for beginner to intermediate youth.
Time & Location
May 24, 2024, 4:00 PM CDT – May 26, 2024, 11:00 AM CDT
Cedar Ridge Ranch, Cedarcreek, MO
About the event
This amazing outdoor overnight adventure will empower and inspire your child!
Activities include hands-on instruction in survival tasks such as:
- Packing and planning an outdoor adventure
- Building a shelter
- Starting a fire
- Making a homemade water filter
- Orienteering using a compass and other natural points of reference
- Learning about regional edibles and other useful knowledge
At each stage, kids will be expected to explain their own reasoning and respond to the reasoning of others developing better communicators, leaders and problem-solvers.
Your child will learn how to:
- Think critically and communicate in a team setting.
- Assess and mitigate risk.
- Use teamwork and cooperation while respecting the needs of others.
- Confront fears and develop self-esteem.
- Take personal responsibility.
- Grow perspective and a healthy awareness of their own personal abilities.
- Develop a sustainable relationship with the environment.
- Understand the value of hard work, perseverance and resilience.
Through guided peer dialogs, setting personal and team goals, and responding to challenges individually and as a team, your child will find that he or she has ownership and a vested interest in the experience and will leave with valuable new skills he or she can use for the rest of their life.
Cost includes all required gear, food, water and instruction for all sessions.
Kids will need to bring personal items needed for the duration of the trip to include adequate clothing according to the weather, toothbrush/toothpaste, and any medications that may be needed. Detailed packing list will be provided upon approval of registration.